The U.S. Open is the most prestigious squash tournament in the United States, and one of the most significant in the world. It is a major international display of supreme talent in squash, showcasing the top players from around the world, and bringing fanatical visitors from across the globe to view elite competition.
The event forms part of the professional World Series tour for both the Professional Squash Association (PSA) and Women’s Squash Association (WSA). It is especially unique as it is one of only a few combined World Series stops for both the Men’s and Women’s tour.
- Transform Drexel University’s gym into a world-class sporting venue and create a lively event atmosphere.
- Cost effective production support for a production spanning longer than 2 weeks.
- Immersive and engaging experience with iconic image similar to USGA U.S. Open.
- Video solution for match image magnification and special events in the court, instant replay, sponsor, video and content display.
- Audio support for match announcements, public address, audience pump-up and player walk-on music.
- Ambiance lighting to supplement or replace the unflattering halogen lighting in the gym.
- Methods of keeping the audience engaged when matches were not taking place.
- Content to display when a match was not taking place.
- Support for multiple external organizations to host spin-off events.
The IMS Solution
- Trusted advisor for production support, content suggestions and for overall improvements made to the event over the past 5 years.
- In-the-round presentation format with 4 9’x16’ screens rigged above the glass court for video solution and the “iconic image”.
- Instant replay monitors for players and referees in the court.
- 10’x18’ screen for overflow viewing and exhibit area support.
- Supplemental audio support for in-house audio system.
- Engaging lighting system that got the audience excited, created the illusion that the event was in a world class sporting facility as opposed to a University Gym.
- Creation and management of content that was on the screens whenever matches were not including; bracket visuals, opening & branding videos, roll-out of “crowd pleaser” contests for audience engagement.
- Player/VIP stingers including video/audio/lighting cues.
- Assisted in developing Production Timeline.
- Support for 5 smaller spin-off events.
Successful and well produced event for the past 5 years.
Share This Article